Open Call Dutch Design Awards 2018
March 8 2018
The 16th edition of the Dutch Design Awards is all about winners. And there are more than ever before: this year will see multiple winners in each category. If you have a winning design or you have worked in a masterly partnership, register now!
For the winners
DDA rewards Dutch designers for their best work: projects by famous names and young talents, with which they show how they are changing, designing and improving the world. Again this year DDA scouts will go out hunting for talents and little pearls for 2018. Are you a winner? Submit your project now!
ABOUT DUTCH DESIGN AWARDS
The Dutch Design Awards saw the light of day in 2003 thanks to BNO and DesignLink. Since 2005 DDA has had its office in design capital Eindhoven. The competition itself, the Awards Show and the retrospective exhibition make the Dutch Design Awards a unique platform. DDA presents and rewards the best in the field of Dutch design and creates professional, public and media attention for the winners. DDA is part of the Dutch Design Foundation and forms the highlight of Dutch Design Week, that attracts more than 300,000 visitors a year.
PARTICIPATION & CATEGORIES
• This year all the components of the Dutch Design Awards are equal in duration.
• Submission for all the categories can take place from Thursday 8 March up until Tuesday 24 April.
• The main categories are: PRODUCT, FASHION, HABITAT, COMMUNICATION, DESIGN RESEARCH, SERVICE&SYSTEMS.
• In addition, young designers can register specifically for the YOUNG DESIGNER AWARD.
• Clients and designers can register together for the BEST CLIENT AWARD.
• The best from all the categories will be crowned with the FUTURE AWARD and during DDW the PUBLIC AWARD will also be presented.
JURY & CRITERIA
Various committees of independent experts select three winners per category on the basis of the submissions and scouted work. The participating projects are evaluated on the following criteria: AESTHETICS, IMPACT, INNOVATION, METHOD OF MANUFACTURE and COOPERATION. The degree to which the design is innovative and/or makes a relevant contribution to society is decisive. The Future Award is selected from all the winners by an international, broadly compiled jury during Dutch Design Week. See the composition of the committees here.
If you have a winning design or you have worked in a masterly partnership, register now!